Monday, August 7, 2017

Musical Musings: Days 5-7

So, a busy weekend kept me from posting until now, but like I said before, that just means you get more songs at once! (Oh, and for future reference, anytime I just post a link instead of embedding the video, just assume it's Blogger being stupid.)

Enough chatter, let's get into it!



Day 5: What Do I Know by Ed Sheeran

This song means a lot to me. It's my favorite track on Ed's latest album, a sentiment also shared by my brother, Chris Currie (the baddest of badass musicians) as well.

I already liked the album from the first track, but imagine my surprise when I get to track ten and I here a message Mr. Currie and I have been talking about for months already. There's really not much more I can say about this one. It wasn't an earth-shattering revelation for me like some other songs, but it has a message that needs to be heard by everyone, so why don't you hop right on that?





Day 6: Dead And Gone by T.I. and Justin Timberlake

Remember when I said modern hip-hop is mostly garbage? Well, I stand by that, BUT this song is amazing. That increasingly rare gem in a sea of repetitive feces that gives me hope. Don't get me wrong, I've heard some modern rap/hip-hop tracks that are really good, but how many of them do you think got mainstream airplay? Yeah, exactly.

I'm sure you've all heard this one before, but give it another listen. I promise it's worth your time.

Dead And Gone



Day 7: Upside by Allen Stone

I know what you're thinking: "Cam, all of this is so mainstream. These tunes will never satisfy my inner hipster!"

Well, I might have you covered here! Allen Stone isn't exactly underground at this point, but he's not the most well-known either. I only know who he is because he opened for Tears For Fears when I went to see them back in May ... but this kid killed it. With nothing but his guitar and a loop pedal, he made the arena resonate with an energy so beautiful I can't even describe it.

Upside was one of the songs he played, and even though it's much better live, the recorded version ain't half bad. Now listen to this track and go buy his album!





And that's all for now, so I'll see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment